Sunday, March 1, 2009

St Paul's Church...Upper Serangoon Road

This is the page from the November month of the ATC Heritage Calendar 2009.

The photo shows the Church of St Paul which was built before WW2. In the past, the Social Welfare Department had used this place as a distribution centre for feeding the poor and underprivileged...many of whom were affected by the war.
Church members helped in the distribution of food.

Today, St Paul remains a clear landmark along the main Upper Serangoon Road opposite to Hougang Street 21 junction.

3 comments:

  1. In his book "That's how it goes' FAC "Jock" Oehlers mentioned that this church was built by the Oehlers family in memory of his brother Harry Oehlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are
    going to a famous blogger if you aren't already
    ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your content.
    Your article has really peaked my interest.
    I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week.

    I subscribed to your RSS feed too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.No offensive language please.