Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beautiful Bintan


On our arrival, we were ushered to the Orzo Restaurant, a special cosy place, for a late breakfast spread.
The food was really good and sumptious. And once the tummy was taken care of...it was time to get down to the business at hand., the seminar proper.
The Welcome address was held at the Manado Conference Room by Chairman ATC Mdm Cynthia Phua.
That was followed by Ice breaker activities carried out by staff of
aAvantage Consulting, the organisation engaged to do the team building programme. The official seminar programme then followed. Bintan time is 1 hour behind ours. As I was not involved in the seminar proper, I took my camera and went for a stroll around the huge grounds of the resort and ended up on the beach front. The scene before me was most inviting and captivated my heart. These were some of the images I snapped.


There were many deck chairs on the beach front. I dragged one under a shady Casuarina tree and laid down. With a steady breeze blowing gently and in the simmering heat of the early afternoon sun, I closed my eyes to enjoy this free of stress luxury of soaking in the sea, the sun and the sand.
Goodness old me!
I did not realise it. In less than 5 minutes I was sound asleep and when I awoke....3 hours had elapsed!
There were more people at the beach as I looked around.

I walked back to the main lunch area the Kopi O Restaurant. Most of the others had finished their lunch and were on the way back for Part 2 of the seminar. Me? I took a lunch of fruits...very healthy. They had a goodly spread.

Thus fully recharged, I decided to drop in on their seminar at the Manado Room.
I was curious what they were all up to when I went in.
All of them were seated on the floor with papers,scissors, glue , staplers, markers etc.
They were divided into teams for the challenge of doing a 6 minute presentation.
After watching D2's team and what they were doing, an instant idea hit me. I can add some spice for them.
To find out more, do read the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.No offensive language please.